This guest post is by Alex from Superb Cleaning Services. As work at home moms, it can be hard to juggle work and family life. Hiring a cleaning service can sometimes help. Whether you hire a cleaning service or do it all yourself, the thing that matters is being good to yourself and making sure you’re taking time for you in the midst of the craziness.
It is not easy to find the perfect balance between work and home, especially if you are a mother, too. If you are in a couple, however, it may be a little easier for you because one of the partners can stay at home and do the housework, while the other one can work full-time. If you are a single mum who manages on your own, the possibilities are limited. Even though you may not always feel like the master of the situation, there are still things you can do to facilitate your life.
The balance between work and home duties is something which most busy mothers crave. Studies indicate that many parents are doing their best to find a way to work more flexibly, although this may have a negative effect on the wage. However, there is nothing more important than some quality time spent with our children. In real life, unfortunately, getting a perfect balance can be tricky. Tricky, but not impossible! Roll up your sleeves and take a look at those tips.
1) Create a schedule
• Create a detailed list of all the domestic chores that have to be done over the course of the week. Prepare a schedule and put it in a place where you can see it every day.
• Do not forget to involve your partner and kids in the schedule as well. Everyone should follow the list till all of the chores are done. Beyond everything else, you are not a super human!
• Clean on a regular basis. Try tiding up and cleaning everyday step by step. At the same time as you are waiting for the breakfast to get ready, do not dawdle away this time and dust the surfaces around you. If your home looks neat, it is not such a big deal if you do not dust on a daily basis. In the evening, after you are done eating load the dishwasher and turn it on. In the morning, the dishes will be already clean. Make your kids help you unload it. Some chores are essential, but there some which can wait. Do not try to get all the tasks done at the same time.
2) Consider booking a professional cleaning company
Aside from involving your kids into doing the chores, you should consider hiring assistance to do the basic chores while you are at work, for example. You are definitely given a number of choices. Book professional cleaners to do the work for you. This way, you will have more free time to spend with your family. Who does not want it?
3) Double the cleaning supplies
Do you hate carrying a bucket of cleaning supplies from one room to another? I do, I admit it. This is why I bought two sets of cleaning products. I have two items of everything my housekeeper or I may need during the cleaning. Now I have reduced the time I spend dawdling.
4) Think out the meals in advance
• Decide what your family and you are having for lunch or dinner ahead of time. Use your fridge and freezer to their optimal capacity. When you are at the store, buy products for at least two meals. You do not have that much free time to speed to the store when you run out of basil, do you? Use only quick and easy recipes which will not consume all of your free time to prepare and cook.
• Think and act wisely when you do the shopping. Make a shopping list before you go to the store. May it be based on the planned meals, so you will not have to waste your time while shopping. If it is possible, you can order groceries online.